GENERAL TERMS These are Our Terms which you should read before you use Our site or before you register as a Member (defined in Clause 1.3 below). These Terms are a legally binding agreement between Museum of Knowledge Limited of First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street, Marylebone, London, W1W 7LT, ENGLAND (“We/Us/Our”) and you. They will govern the relationship between you and Us and everything that you do on museumofknowledge.com (the “Site”). If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, please do not use the Site.
- Guarantees and Liability
- Terms and Termination
- Use of Registration Information
- Data Protection
- The Terms
- Registration Information and Your Privacy
- Provision of Service
- Your Obligations to Us
- Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Site
- Price and Delivery
- Making a Purchase
- Payment Options
- Refunds and Exchanges
1 - Guarantees and Liability
- Some goods or services may differ slightly from their description or appearance on the Site. Please check the delivered product as soon as possible on receipt as We will not be responsible for any subsequent loss or destruction.
- We will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss to you arising out of your use of the Site or your use of any Goods or Services available on the Site.
- Except as provided above We give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law, subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights which remain in full force and effect.
2 - Terms and Termination
1. We may terminate these Terms immediately on giving notice in writing to you if: (a) you commit any breach of any term of this Agreement; (b) you do not comply fully with Clause 5 above; (c) you commit a material breach of these Terms; (d) we choose to so terminate in our sole discretion. 2. You may terminate these Terms forthwith subject to any outstanding payments due. 3. Forthwith upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the Site. Any termination of this Agreement (howsoever occasioned) shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party nor shall it affect the coming into force or the continuance in force of any provision in this Agreement, which is expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after such termination and neither shall it affect any common rights that are available to you.Back to Top
3 - General
- If any provision of this Agreement is prohibited by law or judged by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void or unenforceable the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from these Terms and shall not affect the validity or enforcement of these Terms.
- The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms.
- Our Site and these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and the Courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any disputes arising from or subject to this Agreement.
Your privacy is important to Us. We treat it, and any information that you give to Us, with as much care as possible. Please read the following policy to understand what We do with your information. You should also read or General Terms, above. 1. Registration
- We only collect your personal information in accordance with Our Terms, above. The information that We collect is known as the Registration Information (defined in Clause 2.1 of the Terms) and information relating to your use of the site as detailed at Clause 2 below.
- You warrant that the Registration Information is true, accurate and current and you shall inform Us of any changes made to the Registration Information. You shall not impersonate any living person when providing Us with the Registration Information.
5 - Use of Registration Information
- We use the Registration Information only where you allow Us to do so and only in respect of the offer and activities on the Site that you request.
- If you enter a competition on the Site, We will use the Registration Information to contact you to let you know if you have won and also to deliver your prize. Each competition has its own rules and they will be visible when you enter the competition online. Please read Clause 10 “Competitions” in the Terms.
- We may use the Registration Information from time to time to offer you services and products based on the preferences that you identify during the registration process when you become a Member, and based on any preferences of which you subsequently make Us aware such as favourite products/services. We will obtain your permission to carry out such promotions during the registration process when We obtain your Registration Information. To offer you such third party services We may email you at the email address that you give Us when you give Us the Registration Information.
- We will ask for and store your order and delivery details including your address (if different to the address in the Registration Information) and may automatically insert certain information on your order form so that you can order and purchase products from Our website with the minimum amount of form filling.
- We will use the Registration Information in relation to any goods or services that you purchase directly from Us so that We can deliver such goods or services to you.
6 - Data Protection
- We do not share your Registration Information or other information with third parties and use it only to email you in accordance with these Terms to notify you about offers and to confirm orders. We will also periodically give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving such email communication referred to in Clause 2 above.
- We recognise that the Registration Information and the information that We capture during your use of the Site is personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988 (the “Act”) and We hereby agree that We shall treat the Registration Information and all other information that you give Us in accordance with the Act.
7 - Cookies
8 - The Terms
- These Terms govern your use of the Site, the information that We make available to you on the Site and any goods or services that We sell you directly from this Site. These Terms do not govern any other relationships with any third party. If you are entering into a contract with a third party we will make this clear to you on our site and you ought to read the third party’s terms and conditions carefully before entering into an agreement with them. By clicking on the “I accept” button below you accept that you will be bound by these Terms and any changes that may be made to them from time to time. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, please exit the Site immediately.
- If you are under 16 years of age you may not become a member of the site.
- Portions of the Site may be viewed simply by visiting the Site. However, in order to gain access to certain areas of the Site you may need to enrol as a member (“Member”) of the Site.
- We may update these Terms from time to time and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are up to date with them at all times. Please note that your continued use of the Site will indicate your acceptance of any such updated Terms.
9 - Registration Information and Your Privacy
10 - Provision of Service
- This Site may be modified or discontinued by Us with or without notice to you and without liability to you or to any third party. The Site is made available to you strictly on an “as is” basis and as available.
- Where We have posted information on the Site such information is provided to you strictly on an “as is” basis where we make you aware that it originates from a third party. We are not responsible in any way for the accuracy or otherwise of information posted onto the Site which relates to third parties and which has been provided by them to Us. We do not monitor any information posted on the Site by third parties. We are also not responsible for the contents of any site that you may go to via links from Our Site.
- In the event that the Site is discontinued or modified, We will use reasonable endeavours to complete such orders.
11 - Your Obligations to Us
- You agree that you will only use the Site in such a way that adheres to these Terms.
- You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent of the telephone line user or internet service user and of the person who pays the bill associated with that telephone line or internet access service prior to accessing the Site. You are responsible for obtaining all necessary equipment to enable you to access the Site.
- You are responsible for making back-up copies of data you upload to the Site as and when you need them for your own records, in accordance with these Terms.
12 - Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Site
- We do not give you any right or interest in any copyright, trade mark, trading style, trade name, goodwill, design right, patent, database, software right, whether registered or unregistered (“Intellectual Property Rights”) in any text, image, logo, trade mark, table, compilation, database, software, promotional material, or other material in which Intellectual Property Rights subsist featured on or relating to the Site because they are owned by Us. You can use all the material on Our Site and you may use, replicate, copy, modify, distribute or adapt any area of the Site only to the extent We specifically permit you to do according to these Terms.
- We do not give you any rights in relation to any Intellectual Property Rights in any product or service that you purchase from or via the Site.
- We do not give any warranty or make any representation in respect of the ownership or origin of any third party materials included on the Site.
13 - Price and Delivery
- All prices for goods and services that We sell to you on the Site include (where relevant) VAT, packaging and delivery in the UK unless otherwise specified and are quoted in pounds sterling. Please refer to product price list for packaging and delivery charges outside the UK and currency converter for prices in other currencies.
- If you order goods for postal delivery from Us We use a delivery partner to deliver such goods to you and We aim to deliver them to you according to our prevailing delivery period of 2-4 days where we have the relevant item in stock. Should We not hold the item ordered by you in stock, we will notify you at the email address which you gave Us as part of the Registration Information.
- Please order from Us in enough time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from any delay in the delivery time. Please note that if you order goods or services from a company or website other than museumofknowledge.com you will be responsible for reading that third party’s terms and conditions and for ensuring that you fully understand them. We will not be responsible for such orders from third parties.
- Each order placed with Us is separate and is treated as an individual order although each will be governed by these Terms.
- We will insure any goods ordered by you based on the price on the Site whilst in transit to you. Risk in the goods passes to you upon delivery.
- Outside of the UK, delivery charges for goods and services will be calculated on a product-by-product basis and you will be notified in advance of any despatch. We reserve the right not to deliver to certain places outside the UK.
- Delivery outside the UK may be subject to local import taxes, which are your responsibility where they apply. If so, the shipping company will contact you once the products you have ordered have reached the local customs agency to inform you of the amount of duty that is outstanding. Should you order a physical product from a museumofknowledge.com local Affiliate in your area or country, local taxes are normally included in the price of goods.
14 - Making a Purchase
- When you place an order for products or services on the Site you are making Us an offer to buy such products or services for the price stated, subject to these Terms. If the products are third party products, we are not party to the contract.
- We will confirm all orders via email, using the email account that you give Us as part of the Registration Information. In the event that the product or service you order is out of stock or otherwise unavailable, We will inform you of that fact together, where We are so aware, of the time at which the product or service will become available. If the product or service is available and the details of your order are clear to Us, Our email to you will be deemed an acknowledgement of your offer and it will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the goods or service purchased. Note: payment via our payment partner is a condition of purchase.
- We cannot guarantee that particular goods and services featured on the site will always be available. If We cannot supply the requested product or service you will not be charged for it and We will refund or re-credit your account with any amount that We might have debited.
- We may cancel any sale and not supply products or services if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of any product or service at any time at Our sole discretion. However if We do so, We will always notify you that We shall do so and, where relevant, refund you all payments made by you.
15 - Payment Options
- All payments are made via Our payment partner. In the event that any such payment partner rejects your credit card details We will not release the order to you. We will email you to inform you of such rejection. We release your order only when We have received confirmation of acceptance to your order.
- Your credit card company may perform an additional security check to confirm that the cardholder is making the purchase. We are not responsible in respect of any such security check.
- A dispatch note will be sent to the credit or debit card billing address and not the shipping or delivery address (if different). Please ensure that your goods are being delivered to the required address. You are responsible for ensuring that the goods reach the intended address.
16 - Refunds and Exchanges
We aim to ensure that goods ordered from us are packaged securely so that they arrive with you undamaged. However, if goods arrive which have been damaged or have defects, We will either replace such goods free of charge or alternatively give you a full refund if you return the product to Us at Returns Department, Museum of Knowledge Limited, First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street, Marylebone, London, W1W 7LT, England- please check the website regularly. Any item despatched to you will indicate this returns address. We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Our policy is to ensure that you are satisfied every time you place an order on Our website. If you are unhappy for any reason with goods supplied to you by Us when you receive them please return them with the despatch note, unused, within seven working days of the receipt. We will refund your payment to your credit/debit card after We have inspected the returned product and are satisfied that the product in question has been returned in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
- Please note that We cannot give refunds in respect of personalised goods or goods which by their nature cannot be returned to Us, or in relation to any video cassette, CD, DVD or other digital medium the seal of which has been broken, or any digital file downloaded from the Site. Therefore, when purchasing such items, please think carefully before you buy. You can download a Refund and Exchange Form here.